Every week, our Week in Rap Shout Out Contest gives students an opportunity to win a shout out for their school in the next Week in Rap. For this week’s contest, we finished off summer vacation by asking: What’s your dream vacation?
Our winner this week is General Ray Davis Middle School in Conyers, GA. Check out a few of the great entries we received from Mrs. Cawley’s students!
- My dream vacation would not stay in one place. I would travel all over the world! I would go to London, Paris, Venice, all sorts of places. I would probably do all the touristy stuff and go see the Eiffel Tower, and ride the London Eye. I would ride around in the gondolas in Venice, and walk around Amsterdam. I would bring my parents, my brothers, and a few friends. One of my brothers is old enough to go do what he wants to, while I’ll stick with Mom and Dad. I think that it would be a blash! I would get a postcard from everywhere we wnt (I collect postcards). I would try to help people when I could, and it would be really fun. I realize that it probably isn’t going to happen, but sometimes, dreaming is better than the actual thing. — Maria
- Well Hi! I’m Peyton. My dream vacation is to go to Bora Bora with my friends: Reece, Emily, Laeia, and Lilly, and my school family: Reece, Anslee, Logan, and J.D. Bora Bora, if you didn’t know, is little hosues on stilts in the crystal blue waters. We would have the most fun ever! We would go snorkling and scuba diving and can’t forget the new yummy food to try! We would go shopping and get lots of clothes and souveniers. I would love to go to Bora Bora! And I hope one day my friends and I will get to go there! — Peyton
- Just picture taking a picture with Ariel or riding Space Mountain! My dream vacation is to go to Walt Disney World (again). People ahve this stereotype that teenagers don’t like kid stuff, but trust me, this teenager does! I haven’t been to Disney World in a few years, and they have added so much. They made Belle a castle (my favorite princess). I would love to meet them. So, basically, if I win the lottery and you need me, you can come find me swimming with Ariel and my friends (Maddie, Emily, and Peyton). Or I will be taking pictures with beautiful little girls because I’m the new princess named Mackenzie! — Reece
Congratulations to Mrs. Cawley’s class and everyone at General Ray Davis Middle School!
We also loved this entry from Kadie at Mauldin Middle School in Simpsonville, SC.
- My dream vacation is to go back where I was born in the Cayman Islands. I don’t remember because I was 2 years old when I left. It would be lovely and I see myself sitting on hot sand drinking out of a tropical coconut. In my head I would imagine perfection – nothing that would put this cavagtion down and it was even better just listening to the soothing sound of the palm trees swaying back and forth.
Finally, here’s Rachel’s entry from Chatham Charter School, NC.
- If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Hawaii. I would do lots of fun and awesome things. The people that would go with me are my family(mom, dad, sister), and two of my friends.
When I go to Hawaii I would take a cruise to get there and a cruise on the way back. I would spend two weeks in Hawaii. On the cruise there would be a water slide that goes over the ocean, a pool, a gym, and five restaurants that are cheap and have a variety of foods. It would take a month to get to Hawaii and a month to get back.
When we get to Hawaii we would check in to our hotel room and then we would unpack. After we unpack we would spend the rest of the day relaxing at the pools. The next day we would go wind surfing and parasailing. For the rest of the two weeks we would go swimming with dolphins, island fire shows, and relax by the pool. We would also go look at volcanos and do an island tour from a helicopter.
That is my realistic short story of what I would do in Hawaii if I were to ever go.
Thank you to everyone who shared their amazing vacation ideas with us this week! Don’t forget to enter this Friday’s Week In Rap Shout-Out Contest for a chance to win a shout out next Friday.