It’s not always easy to tell the truth. It’s also not always easy to trust others. Yet honesty and trustworthiness are vital skills in building healthy relationships.
The following Flocabulary songs are about the importance of honesty and trust. Below the videos, you’ll find questions you can use to facilitate a discussion about these important skills. And Flocabulary has many more songs and videos to teach Character Education.
Songs About Honesty & Trust
This song can be used to teach about how a made-up story can quickly become a rumor. Ask: What are some rumors that were spread in this song? Why shouldn’t you spread rumors? How might rumors hurt somebody’s feelings? Watch now.
This is the story of Wenda, who makes a small mistake and soon finds herself in a tricky situation. Ask: What mistake does Wenda make? Why did things get so out of hand? What can we learn from Wenda’s story? Watch now.
Questions for Discussion
- Were the characters in the songs trustworthy? How were they honest? How were they dishonest?
- What are some reasons we lie?
- How do our actions and words affect whether or not someone trusts us?
- How do you decide if someone is trustworthy? Compare and contrast the behavior of someone who is trustworthy with someone who isn’t.
- Why is it important to build trust?