Flocabulary understands the importance of onboarding teachers and administrators with new technologies. To help you get the most out of your Flocab subscription, we offer multiple training and professional development sessions, digitally and in person, to ensure smooth implementation.
Browse in-person training options using the buttons below:
Every Flocabulary workshop covers the onboarding process and valuable getting started resources. From there, we recommend a focused implementation track that meets your teachers’ needs, developed in partnership with your success manager.
Examples implementation tracks include:
- Elementary: multi-subject classrooms
- Middle school/high school: content area vocabulary
- Supporting Learning Differences
- Supporting English Language Learners (ELLs)
In-person trainings are built to be flexible and interactive. In addition to the core takeaways below, educators will have an opportunity to participate in an interactive rhyme-writing activity so they can experience the process of writing academic rhymes firsthand.
By the end of your training you will:
- Understand how to use Flocabulary to meet your students’ needs and district’s learning objectives
- Feel confident creating classes and assigning work to your students within Flocabulary
- Easily navigate the video library, activities, assessments and resources to help enrich your lessons and engage students in new ways
- Know where to find model lesson plans and planning supports
In-person Flocabulary trainings are recommended for districts only. If you’re interested in learning more about a particular training option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rhyme is at the core of what Flocabulary does, and research has proven its impact on student learning and achievement.
Writing Rhymes with Academic Purpose (WRAP) is an in-person workshop that guides teachers through the Flocab rhyme-writing formula, explores modifications to help every student write their own rhymes, and gives teachers the tools and confidence to lead an intensive, cross-curricular writing project at their schools.
This interactive workshop dives deep into the pedagogical implications behind using rhyme in the classroom, and will coach educators through three different “WRAP formulas,” including writing rhymes to:
- Master key terms
- Master facts, and
- Demonstrate mastery of a concept
WRAP Workshops are currently available for districts only, and do not require a Flocabulary subscription to purchase.
Make a copy of our training templates and customize to meet the needs of your school, whether you have 15, 30, or 60 minutes to get your staff up and running with Flocab.
Get to know Flocabulary in this training that can be sent directly to your staff. We’ll cover everything from account activation to student data analysis. Watch this video on demand during your prep, at home, or whenever you’d like!