Calling all Google geeks: Flocabulary now integrates with Google Classroom! We’re excited to announce this new feature, which will allow teachers to import any class in Google Classroom into a Flocabulary class.
Google Classroom is a learning platform that integrates with schools that use the Google Apps for Education (GAFE) ecosystem, and a lot of teachers have rosters of their students set up in Classroom already.
Instead of setting up classes in both Flocabulary and Google Classroom, teachers on school-wide subscriptions can now easily create accounts for all of their students, with no need for class codes!
What’s more, students can then use Google Single Sign-On to access Flocab in the future. This means no required account setup steps of your students, at all. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Ain’t that something?
1. Go to the “My Classes” tab from the top navigation:
2. Select the green “Import Classes” button:
3. Stay with us, here: you’ll see two pop-ups appear (make sure pop-ups are enabled on your browser!).
A. From the pop-up with the list of emails, select the email address associated with your Google Classroom account:
B. Then, grant Flocabulary permission to access your Google Classroom information:
4. Select the class(es) you’d like to import to Flocabulary and click “Submit”:
5. Give it a sec—when the import is complete, we’ll give you the green light (or, err, box):
6. Once the class has processed, close out of the window and, voilà! Your Google Class is now in Flocabulary:
We’re obsessed with finding ways to make it easier for teachers to create and set up classes in Flocabulary. A Google Classroom feature was one of our most-requested integrations from the awesome teachers who use Flocab, and we’re thrilled to bring it to life for you.
We’re looking to build out more integrations with Google Classroom, and your feedback will inform when (or even if!) that happens. Click the big orange “Feedback?” button in the bottom-right corner of any Flocab screen and let us know:
- What are your general impressions on our Google Classroom integration?
- How can we improve it?
- What else do you want to see?
Stay tuned for more product updates from Flocab HQ soon!